Thursday, February 26, 2009











I am just a TOY..therefore I am...

My works are based from my childhood experiences. My idea is to create happiness in my works. Living in the city, my childhood playthings are toys and playgrounds. Like many children in the city, I was a kid who spent time out of school with only my imagination playing with my childhood playthings. My inspiration also comes from my childhood cartoon such as Doremon, and Casper. The aesthetic experiences from my observation on these particular subjects are formalistic approaches and Japanese culture-Kawaii.

The formalistic approaches are based on toys mainly towards its plastic surfaces, simple-organic forms, colored an
d also functional. While Japanese culture Kawaii in Japanese Manga which mean cuteness are also popularly used to describe anything cute, sweet and childlike. This are also had been stateted by my references artist Yoshitomo Nara; "My art represents my childhood experiences. It is not influenced by Japanese pop culture. I played with sheep, cats and dogs when I came home from school," I would like to see that my works can be participating by audiens as if they play with my childhood playthings.


No comments:

Post a Comment